Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Grandma!

76 years of living! Happy Birthday to one of my favorite ladies on the planet. She is so special to me words could not begin to describe.
She has taught me so many life lessons, but one of importance is that of evolving. 
"To develop or achieve gradually."
At a very young age I remember learning this lesson. My grandma dropped out of school in the 7th grade, for a multitude of reasons. Her family had little money to provide her with food and clothes. Not to mention a "teacher" told her she was stupid and would never learn. Later in life my grandma learned she was dyslexic. She went back to school at the age of 51 & received her high school diploma. I remember going to her graduation (I was only 10 at the time) and thinking she was really old, but I saw the tears in her eyes & knew they were not sad tears, they were proud tears. 
What an accomplishment! She proved to me at that moment it really doesn't matter what other people think and you're never to old to keep on learning. She is constantly evolving; emotionally, mentally, spiritually. 
I am thankful for a grandma who always listens to me & can agree to disagree. I just think of all the changes she has seen in her lifetime & am truly impressed by her acceptance of change & constant need for learning. It makes me smile from ear to ear when I see my 76 year old grandma playing Bejeweled on her Ipad with my two year old son. Not something you think about when you're 10 years old. Time truly does fly, but I cherish these special moments. Happy Birthday Gram! Cheers to many more years to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment